Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sojourning Siblings Day 1

This is an account of my travelings with my younger brother Josh.

Both Josh and I grew up on the road, but since I married and moved out of the house, it's been years since the two of us have been on the road together.


I am going to do the best I can to update everyday of our trip.

The goal for this trip was to go to Three places my brother desired most to visit.

(secret agenda, I want to know my brother more, and I want to grow in the Lord with my brother ;-))


1)St. Louis Arch

2)Albuquerque, New Mexico

3)The Skywalk in the Grand Canyon.


Today we mark the first part of our adventure, the Arch.

It's something both Josh and I have longed to visit ever since we were little.


We used to live in Kansas, and my dad would travel to St. Louis often,

So we would go with him.

We were always in awe of The Arch, but mother wouldn't take us.



Fear I suppose.

It is a terrifying structure, so I could understand her reasoning.


But now that Josh and I are adults, we figured we would take tons of pictures,

and share with you the joy of finally being able to set foot inside this awesome architecture.


So after 14 hours of driving and exploring the midwest (Indiana, to Oklahoma)
we have reached our first destination for lodging,Oklahoma City.

Tomorrow we are off to Arizona.

















I am so glad that on this trip, I can enjoy who God is, through his creation and the company of my brother.

So I end with this.


Psalm 67:1-3 (The Message)
God, mark us with grace and blessing! Smile! The whole country will see how you work, all the godless nations see how you save. God! Let people thank and enjoy you. Let all people thank and enjoy you. Let all far-flung people become happy and shout their happiness because You judge them fair and square, you tend the far-flung peoples. God! Let people thank and enjoy you. Let all people thank and enjoy you. Earth, display your exuberance! You mark us with blessing, O God, our God. You mark us with blessing, O God. Earth's four corners—honor him!
It's an answer to prayer to see my brother happy.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Hello, my lovely! I am so glad to see and hear of your travels this morning! I am praising God this day with you and I will continue to uphold you in prayer! Love you!