Wednesday, September 30, 2009

RIGHT NOW!

Again, I am writing, but now it's what, 3 months later. Tomorrow is October 1st.
I can't believe that for 3 months I have allowed myself to be eaten up by the monster of over working, amongst the sermon manuscripts, callsheets, schedules for 3 ministries, 4 weekly music practices all inside the belly of this horrifying creature...which I made up to help myself see the true reality of my business.
Finally I gave up.
I put of the white flag of surrender.
Even now as I am typing this my eyes are dry, and they burn.
I've been up since 6:40am.
Now for some people this is nothing, but not for someone like me who goes to be at 2am every night almost.

I am creature of habit, so going to bed early isn't something I will be able to do overnight (hahaha, this statement is funny to me).

I become most creative after everyone is asleep, after most business have been closed for at least 3 hours, when all I can see out my back window are the stars in the sky and the warm glow from the city lights, which is very faint, considering I live in Mishawaka, IN. Small city, but greatly appreciated because of the community I am nestling into quite nicely,
After 6 years.


God has been in everything over these past 3 months.
I am excited to say, more and more.
And I look back, and I look forward, and then God says:

"STOP!"

Stop what?

"STOP!"

Just stop, be quiet, learn how to live NOW!
Right now!


Just 6 weeks ago I gathered outside the underground cafe after a show with a group of young adults.
The conversation began with, oh I don't know... Philosophy and a bit of Psychology.

Now I don't claim to be a pro in these areas, but some how this spurred on a conversation on demonic oppression, and confused emotions in the human mind and soul. Is it Satan's fault or God's fault for people to need counsel and rehabilitation from their demented conditions.

I, finally after all these years of being raised a Christian home respond with the answer that would convince you I was a follower of Christ...
"Well it doesn't really matter if someone is demon possessed, or emotionally scarred, everyone needs Jesus, and everyone needs prayer, and really we don't need to blame anyone, Satan or God...if someone desperately needs help, we should help them. And pray for wisdom on how to help them."

With that answer, more people crowded around me.
I was a little scared because now I had a crowd, and people started asking me questions, about life really, and how to live for Jesus, all the time, every where, any place.

I came to the realization that I live to much in my past, and to much in my future, and I forget to live now.

I shared this of course with my new friends, who were listening to every word I was saying.
I told them that Jesus wants us to focus on Today, because tomorrow has enough trouble.
That God wants us to focus on him in every moment, to seek opportunities to share His love, no matter where we are, or what we do.


As I am saying all this, I noticed that everyone was silent.
Most of the time when I talk to a group of people, a few will listen and the rest just walk away...but more and more people joined in and listened.

Before I knew it, I had other friends who were commenting about living a life for Christ, and they began to share God's word, and we all began to lift one another up with encouragement from the Lord.

It was one of the sweetest moments in my life because I realize how Christ was drawing these people through the words, which is the Word, coming out of my mouth...

For the most part after our conversation I began to see that these people were Christians.
I saw them as thirsty and dry, but filled when me and a few others began to speak God's truth.

Many of them were worn out and felt condemned because of the guilt in their life because they weren't the super Christians they wanted to be.

The conversation just kept coming back to Christ, and the grace and mercy, hope and love given at the cross, and the Holy Spirit, that now resides in us because of Jesus!


I could tell our conversation was coming to an end,
But the Lord told me to pray for everyone.
And so we did...
and you know what....
Everyone prayed, every single person.
It was precious.
Amazing.
Satisfying.

And more people joined in and prayed with us!
People who weren't even part of the conversation.

It was amazing.
We all ended our prayer with our hands all stacked up together in the center and gave a grand Cheer of "RIGHT NOW!"

And God helped me to realize, that living Right now for Him,
is the best thing I could ever do.
And it frees me up from my past, and my future, and I don't need to fear when I am focused on Christ, Right Now!

It's hard for me still to do that, but with his help, it becomes more natural.
I am excited!
And I see him moving all the time because of it.

In the small things, big things, extraordinary, and mundane.

But all in all everything belongs to him.
The glory, the praise, the honor, and RIGHT NOW.


And Right now I am going to end this blog.

No comments: