Saturday, July 11, 2009

so the past few months have been learning experiences that I hope I never forget.
I haven't been able to blog for the past few months because I have been so busy.
I've been overwhelmed with my 3 jobs, summer, my band, family, weddings, graduations, and oh yeah, being a wife.
Sometimes I feel like I can't get everything done.
So many things are left unfinished.

A lot has been going through me head though.
I have been doing a lot of ministry outside the church.
More than ever, which I am glad about, but it has me thinking.

I've been stepping out of my comfort zone, I've been meeting up with people I don't even know.
I am reconciling broken relationships, I am making phone calls (which I hate doing)
I am exposing my heart to people I never would.
I am working harder than I have ever before.

I am trying to do church outside the church, it it's making my life feel complete.
I am loving that every where I go there are people I can meet, love, and encourage.
It's not easy, but God is really helping me.
I really want to keep focusing on Him, and doing what the Holy Spirit wants.

It's been really neat too, to see my band grow.
As we stepping out in faith, playing shows, sharing God's love, we are getting favor with people.
It's been cool to see how God is using us together.
I want more of this.

I am finding more and more, what my purpose in life is.
To be a servant, everywhere I go, whatever I do.
Sometimes I forget, actually a lot I do, but Jesus is being faithful to remind me, and I learning how to hear his voice.

I am excited to see what God is going to do in everyone's lives, the people I am meeting, the old friends that are coming back into the picture, and the new friends I am making.


And none of this has to do with being inside the 4 walls of a church.

I feel like I am in Church more when I am doing my everyday routines, then when I am actually in Church on Sunday, or in the office during the week.
I have more friends outside the church, then inside the church, and I have more people I can trust outside of church then inside of church.

When I think of family, I don't think of my church... I think of the people around me who are struggling in their faith, who are broken, who doing drugs, who are drinking, who are questioning life, people who are falling apart, and will admitt it.

I am a little sad that I can't call my church a family... but I am glad that I can call broken people my family... because I know God is working in their lives.

I feel like where ever I go, church can happen. I think this can happen with anyone, anytime, anywhere... when Christ is the center.
We all need God, and we can find Him and connect closer to Him and help others to do the same, when we are willing to be his hands and feet where ever we go.

I have a lot I am thinking through...
and I hope to figure things out... my life is changing... and my perception of church is changing...
I am not who I was 2 months ago.

But I believe it's for the better.
Because the good work God has started in each and everyone of us, will be complete. And this makes me very happy!

No comments: