Friday, January 2, 2009

A new year, and an old year, filled with thanks

so it's the new year, and what am I doing?
thinking about all the things that have gone on this past year and what I can do to make things better. Fortunately I don't have to tackle making changes on my own.
I am learning that life isn't really about what I want or need.
I am very blessed when I think about it.
In fact I want to name off the things I am very grateful for just in this past year.

1. My husband who loves me so very much. He really does support me like no one else ever has and believes in me, even when it seems like things are hopeless.  He helps me grow closer to Christ, and encourages me in my faith. I am so glad that God has brought us together, he is really a blessing. We've been together now for 6 years and married for almost 4!

2. I am so thankful that in the past 3 1/2 years of marriage, Judah and I have been able to be on our own. We have grown so much together and it's been very stress free, of course we have our moments, but it's been so great! I am very glad we have each other and just each other now.

3. I finally have a band, and band members who love working with me for once. haha. Plus we all pretty much have the same beliefs and morals, oh and political views.

4. We recorded music together for the 2nd time and it went very well! 

5. We came in 2nd place with the Woodwind and Brasswind battle of the bands, and had only been a band 4 months!

6. My Niece and Nephews have moved back in town and I have been enjoying the time we are able to spend together as a family. I love getting to know them better, and since Judah and I don't have kids of our own, it's nice to be able to put time into having relationships with them.

7. My relationship with my parents are growing more and more everyday, the same with my brother. It's nice feeling close to them again.

8. I am loving the students that I work with at River Valley! More and more every week, when I see them and work with them. They are maturing in their faith and they're becoming fantastic musicians. Especially for their age. They bring me so much joy. Every week I look forward to being with them, and getting to know them more, and playing music together!

9. God has provided for us in so many ways this past year, with jobs, friends, encouragement, financially, with good health, the list could go on. 

10. I am so grateful that every day I grow more and more dependent on God's mercy and grace through Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for what has been done, not just for me, but for everyone. I am excited to see how what God is going to do this year. He is good, He is faithful.
I love him.


Well that is it for now, I know there will be more.
But I just wanted to share my thankfulness.
I want to start with gratitude and end with it.
:-)

No comments: