Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So I'm gonna be 22 this year.
No big deal I suppose, But I've seen such a dramatic change in my life I don't know what to do with myself.
I actually feel like I have changed.
Over the past 4 years, since I've been married, I haven't felt any different. I felt awkward because I didn't really know who I was, or what to do, but now that I've been on my own with just my husband for almost one year, I finally feel like I am me, or like I am becoming who I am supposed to be, especially in Christ.
I am learning how to make decisions for myself and my family, ministry, I am learning to let go, I am learning to be okay with who I am, with the mercies that are given to us, everyday, new, fresh, filled with Life through Christ.
I am excited for the adventures to come, especially with my husband.
I finally feel like we're ready!!!
To start hiking, up the side of the mountain.

I am hungry to know my Creator, to be satisfied in Him.
I think I am getting that lately.

I feel so happy when I think of God, even when it comes to the things that are difficult to accomplish, but it's not me anyways who does, it's his grace.

But I mean even when I feel down about at first, he helps me to see the bigger picture, HIM!

I've been taking a break from my normal schedule, and just kind of letting it be, life, whatever I suppose and God has been blessing that.

I am learning to take time to Praise him!
To thank Him for what He has done in my life, and the people around me.
I am excited, more and more about Christ and the power of His resurrection.

It's tough stuff to swallow, and even more to digest.
But oh well, that is the price I must pay,
but I want Christ to my focus and my end goal.


Really that is it.
Nothing else matters.

Does anyone feel the same way?

1 comment:

Christine said...

I get that, Jess. I've been in awe lately at His many wonders. They are endless. Tonight Madelyn was telling me about Willow trees and how they defend themselves from caterpillars...I won't explain it here, but WOW....He thinks of everything and more.
Love you, girl. Thanks for letting me take your picture today...I'm feeling a little regret that I didn't try jamming on your borrowed keytar! ;)