Tuesday, May 5, 2009

It's so simple, I can't believe I didn't get it before...

So it's like this.

Matthew 22:36-40

36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[a] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[b] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

If 1) I am loving God, spending each day getting to know him more through prayer, the word, living my life through Christ in complete surrender and obedience through his grace and mercy,
and 2) loving the people that God has put in my life each day, being a blessing, serving as Christ served, in complete and total humility, thinking more of others than myself...


Well I guess it doesn't really matter what I am doing or who I am as long as I am doing those two things.

I could be a janitor scrubbing toilets, I could be clerk, an artist, an athlete, a mom, a sister, friend, a student, a car sales man, an astronaut, a scientist, a comedian, a chef, anything really...

And as long as I am loving God and loving people, nothing really matters, because I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing :-)

I don't really care what I am in life,
as long as people see me as someone who loves Jesus and people.


That is what I pray becomes most important in my life, and all who claim to follow Christ.

No comments: